Technology & Games: Windows 8: Making Things Easier

Windows 8: Making Things Easier



What is Windows 8?

According to Wikipedia:
"Windows 8 is the current release of the Windows operating system, produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets, and home theater PC's. Development of Windows 8 started before the release of its predecessor in 2009. Its existence was first announced at CES 2011, and followed by the release of three pre-release version from September 2011 to May 2012. The operating system was released to manufacturing on August 1, 2012 and was released for general availability on October 26, 2012."


Windows team launched the new Windows 8 to Davaoenos as they visit SM City Davao to promote Windows 8.

All of the laptops displayed here are supported with multitouch which means, it is capable of using touchscreen to the laptop.

Here is an example of Windows 8. It does make jobs easier as you can open them with just a press on the screen or if not supported with multitouch, they can just be clicked with a mouse.


For now, the hardware for Windows 8 is still not available in the Philippines but Windows 8 is already available online. If your Windows 7 meets the requirements of Windows 8, you can now upgrade your system by visiting their website by clicking the link. Windows 8 Download Site

If you want to know if your system can support Windows 8, just click the link to see the system requirements. System Requirements

If you want to know more about Windows 8, click the link. Windows 8













11 comments:

  1. My laptop is on Windows 8 right now and I LOVE IT! So smooth, fast, and very nice to look at. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, I'm loving my windows 8 on my lappy. So new and refreshing, I love its new interface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe its that feeling of resisting change but if I may be honest, the first look of Windows 8 does not make it look easy for me. I guess I prefer my options to be in a folder arranged as a list instead of all of it right in front of me. I do like their viral video though. The tune is catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not very updated with the latest programs and apps, but if this Windows 8 will really make my life especially my job easier, I'm all for it! Hope it's released in the Philippine market real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! ... and sooner or later there will be Windows 9, 10, 11.. I'm happy with Windows 7 but am looking forward to what Windows 8 is in store for me maybe in 2 years! LOl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Windows 8 seems to be user-friendly and easy to navigate but we're still using the XP for the desktop and Windows 7 starter in laptop. I don't have plans of changing since converting is expensive I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer to be on the spectator side for the time being. I mean, I will wait for the embedded issues and concerns addressed first before finally migrating my existing system :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also fascinated with the windows 8 that it keeps me getting back to see the laptops with windows 8. It's already available here in the country that I am in. In fact, I'm also considering to purchase one this Christmas as a gift to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me think to upgrade my windows as soon as possible! I like the drag and drop feature of windows 8. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tested W8 relatively early (before its release at least) and if you aren't on a touch-screen device, the adjustment is a bit frustrating. Other than that, it's a VERY pretty interface. I might upgrade by Q2 or Q3 next year as my W7 Pro is still very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm currently using the trial version of Windows 8 and I'm loving it. It's really refreshing, though I have to admit I had difficulty navigating through my system in the first few days. I think Microsoft has managed to reinvent its operating system just in time

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Technology & Games Urang-kurai